What's happening in the City?
- It looks like Dallas Housing Authority CEO Ann Lott will keep her job. Apparently the DHA Board got cold feet after the last meeting, which was attended by hundreds that protested the firing. Still up in the air is whether or not DHA Board Chairman Guy Brignon knew about the rumored plan to rezone Little Mexico so it could be sold to developers. Something tells me this isn't over.
- The City is moving forward with the Homeless Assistance Center. Votes are pending to authorize the condemning of the TXU land needed in the Cedars. This is part of this week's City Council addendum.
- The Days Inn Motel at 4500 Harry Hines will be let off the hook because they paid their hotel taxes up to date. I guess the hookers in the neighborhoods east of Wycliff and Maple will rejoice.
- The Oak Cliff Health Clinic at 8th and Ewing will not close. The lease in being extended until March 2014.
- According to the DMN, newly elected Dallas County DA Craig Watkins will announce his transition team during a news conference at the Crowley Criminal Courts Building today.